Careers focused startup is seeking a research psychologist to develop vocational assessment for integration in a new product. This position is on a contract basis and virtual but will only consider U.S.-based applicants. Vireo Labs, LLC is based in Savannah, Georgia. For more information on the company and its co-founders visit www.vireolabs.co.
- Ph.D in psychology, sociology, industrial/organizational psychology, educational psychology or other related field
- Strong background in psychometrics and multivariate statistics with a strong preference for researchers with experience working with adolescents and vocations
- 7+ years of consulting experience
- Strong references from former clients are a must
- Prior success in working with startup or growth-oriented companies would be wonderful
- Availability to start work in November 2015
- Conduct statistical and psychometric analyses in validating and developing a vocational assessment that is engaging yet accurate, which will be integrated into an application focused on adolescents/young adults.
- Develop test items consistent with vocational and career assessment theory and will focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines as defined by US Department of Homeland Security CIP codes.
- Outcomes of the assessment should be in line with STEM-related occupations listed on O*NET ONLINE.
- Assessment categories must include vocational factors in addition to up to three lifestyle interests (e.g., regional preferences, environmentally conscious).
- Must work with Vireo Labs teams and its procured partner in validating and evaluating the new assessment for a match with vocational assessment constructs
- Must refine and reduce assessment based on validation testing.
Interested parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and references.